Pregnancy home remedies are important for natural childbirth. I birthed my second son at home. These home remedies helped me stick to my natural child birthing plans. I found this great website that lists many of the common homeopathic remedies used for pregnancy, labor, and postpartum. I have experienced positive results with many of these. For my second pregnancy I used Nux Vomica successfully for morning sickness. I used Cimicifuga, Caulophyllum, and Arnica towards the end of my pregnancy which helped with productive contractions. I used high doses of Arnica (1M) for after the delivery, which lessened my pain and swelling significantly. For postpartum depression I used Pulsatilla 200C. I think I should have also taken Sepia 200C. I wish I had known about the Mastitis remedy. That was another thing that I struggled with the first few weeks of nursing. Here is a list of remedies that help with common issues that arise during this time. This list comes from the website linked above.
- Morning sickness: Sepia, Nux Vomica, Pulsatilla
- Constipation: Nux vomica, Sepia, Opium
- Repeated miscarriage: Sepia, Sabina
- To encourage an efficient labor (for Primigravadas, or those with a history of long, difficult labors, anyone with cervical scarring, post-dates): Begin this regimen at 36 weeks and continue weekly until she reaches 40 weeks.
- Cimicifuga 12C: 1 pellet on Monday
- Caulophyllum 12C: 1 pellet on Wednesday
- Arnica 12C: 1 pellet on Friday
- Alternate method to make labor shorter and faster: alternate Cimicifuga and Caulophyllum starting at 38 weeks, do this for 14 days, 1 remedy each day. Note- do not use both protocols, choose one.
- Mal-Presentation of the Baby: Pulsatilla, Natrum Mur (if amniotic fluid levels are not normal)
- Lack of progress during labor: Pulsatilla, Caulophyllum, Gelsemium
- Post-partum hemorrhage*: Aconite, Arnica, Caulophyllum, Cinchona; to build blood afterwards- Ferrum Phos; *Note- seek medical treatment to make sure bleeding has stopped and to replenish fluid and/or iron stores.
- Retained placenta: Pulsatilla, Sabina
- Prolapse organs: Sepia, Hamamelis
- Mastitis: Phytolacca – hard lymph nodes and pain in nipple which radiates over body when child nurses, Belladonna- pain located in particular region, fever, throbbing hot shiny redness)
- Postpartum depression: Pulsatilla, Sepia
GreenBootGirlMEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.