No Sugar Challenge

/, No Sugar, Nutrition/No Sugar Challenge

No Sugar Challenge

I have decided to do a little no sugar diet for 2 weeks.  What? Crazy I know.  What sparked all this?   A Facebook page I found this morning.  This woman cut out sugar for 8 weeks and had amazing results.  Here is her fb page.  She suffered from hypoglycemia and an auto-immune disease.  I have these same issues in some form or another.  Check out her website about autoimmune diseases, I find it so helpful.

This is perfect timing for me.  I am mentally ready for this challenge.  After going on the raw milk cure for 10 days and feeling AWESOME I can’t stop thinking about what permanent changes I need to make in my diet for my long term health.  As a SAHM I am easily persuaded to eat the leftovers and bake all day, because I love cooking and I have all the time in the world.  Sometimes I feel like good food is calling my name.  I also have a 4 year old that loves to bake, so I am like what the heck… let’s make some cookies.  That is a fun activity right? Of course, but then cookies are my favorite treat and I have no control, especially when I make my favorite chocolate chip cookies.  I always have a few too many.

So this is my time.  I am going to start by following this no sugar diet for 2 weeks, but I have 1 modification.  I am going to allow fruit.  I will keep my fruit consumption down, but I am keeping it in for now.  I am not ready for no fruit- but maybe I will be in 2 weeks.  I will reevaluate.  My goal is to do the diet for 8 weeks, but I don’t want to stress out about it so for now I am just signing up for 2.

No more HONEY. No more ORGANIC SUGAR. No more fresh fruit juice.  No more CHOCOLATE.  AHHHH!

Another note~ I am also taking out gluten.  This is going to be harder than it looks.

No more WHITE FLOUR. No more TORTILLAS.  No more SANDWICHES.

Why the torture? Because I woke up this morning w/ a double ear infection and major sinus congestion.  That is torture to me.

First Day:

Scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese for breakfast.

1 cup milk for snack

Smoothie for lunch.  Yogurt, strawberries, banana, ice

1 cup milk for snack

Dinner.  Rice.  Cooked Carrots.  Roast.

1 cup milk for snack.

~At the end of the day.  No more congestion and no ear pain on either side.  I was treating the ear pain w/ a few remedies, but I know diet can really help also.  Last night I slept sitting up because the drainage was so bad, so this is great for me.  24 hours and I am already doing better.  These fast miracles are what I love about cleaning up my diet.

~Not too bad today.  Am I READY?  I hope so because this post makes it official! I can’t be a quitter or a loser!

Ready. Set. Go. As my 4 year old would say.  You can do it Mommy.

~Green Boot Girl

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.

By | 2017-10-05T20:40:39+00:00 April 8th, 2012|Green Living, No Sugar, Nutrition|10 Comments

About the Author:

I am a mother of 3. We eat nourishing and traditional food at home. We use natural healing successfully with essential oils, herbs, and homeopathy. We love being in the outdoors and living the "green" life.

10 Comments

1. Yo Momma Runs April 9, 2012 at 12:41 am - Reply

Very cool! I need to try this too. I just came out of a few weeks of no desserts and ate a bunch of chocolate today. My head was foggy all day long!

2. arealfoodlover April 9, 2012 at 9:48 am - Reply

You can totally do this! I did this 2 years ago and it really stuck for some reason. I was mentally really excited about it, and did it for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days I felt so good, that I decided to allow myself 1 Tbsp of sugar per day and thats how I have been eating for the last 2 years. It is amazing how sweet a blueberry or apple can taste, after you’ve let your tastebuds rest from sugar for a while. You’ll love it.

Also, I have really great success with Essential Oil of Thyme for ear and sinus congestion. I do a steam inhalation with thyme and eucalyptus and it works wonders. Hope you feel better

• Green Boot Kaley April 9, 2012 at 12:38 pm - Reply

That is amazing! You are my hero. I hope to do something like that. It is nice to know others have been successful. Please link up ur thyme flush. I could totally use it.

• arealfoodlover April 9, 2012 at 1:41 pm - Reply

I boil a kettle full of water and pour it into a porcelain bowl. I put my head over the bowl and cover me and the bowl up with a heavy bath towel. Then I add one drop of essential oil of thyme breath very deep. After a minute or so, it dissapates, so I add another drop. Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and Lavender all work really well for this too.

• Green Boot Kaley April 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm - Reply

thanks so much. I will be doing this later today. I have tea tree oil on hand and lavender, but no thyme. I can pick some up tomorrow though. thanks again!

• Green Boot Kaley April 10, 2012 at 8:09 pm - Reply

btw- your second comment actually went to my other server when all the issues were going down. I just wanted to say thanks for it. I really appreciate all the positive reminders from you. You words are a great support!

3. Suz April 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm - Reply

I”m going to try, I know I”m addicted to sugar. i had a little chocolate this morning, but that’s it. 2 wks! i can do it!

• Green Boot Kaley April 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm - Reply

I know it is hard! that is why I want to do it so bad. I know I can beat the sugar cravings 🙂 let me know how you do.

4. Anonymous December 4, 2012 at 1:43 pm - Reply

http://www.bulkherbstore.com/youtube#CPV2V-XsYWU a natural way to curb sweet cravings from bulk herb store:
    Chewy Chocolate Bars
    Prep: 5 min. Yield: 12 bars
    1 cup almond butter
    3 cups coconut flakes, unsweetened
    2/3 cups cocoa powder
    2/3 cups raw honey
    1 tsp. sea salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 cup almond flour (optional)
    Place all ingredients in a food processor or bread machine and blend until combined. In a shallow baking dish, spread mixture evenly to desired thickness. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars and serve. Enjoy!