Homemade Anti Wrinkle Cream

Homemade Anti Wrinkle Cream

antiwrinklecream

Looking for a homemade anti wrinkle cream?  This homemade anti wrinkle cream is easy to make and inexpensive.  Now that I am in my 30’s I am thinking about wrinkles.  I don’t have that many, but they emerge from time to time, especially around my eyes.  I know I need to nourish my skin more.  What to buy?  Lately I have no clue, even organic skincare can have ingredients that are sketchy and hard to pronounce (bad sign).  My search began for a homemade anti wrinkle cream.  I started researching and experimenting.  The first thing I had to order was beeswax, everything else I could buy at my local health food store.  And then, finally….

My beeswax arrived! I have been waiting for 2 weeks for this important part of the recipe.

The secret ingredient in this homemade anti wrinkle cream? Rosehip seed oil.

Rosehip seed oil is the best oil available for anti-aging and cellular regeneration.

Essential fatty acids in rosehip seed oil give it moisturising properties and the antioxidants and beta-carotene may help to prevent signs of ageing. It may also promote wound healing by stimulating tissue regeneration. The vitamin A is said to help combat wrinkles, sun damage and uneven skin tone.

“Through testing, rosehip seed oil has been shown to regenerate the skin, reduce scars and wrinkles, prevent the advancement of wrinkles and aging, and help skin to regain its natural color and tone.  Rosehip seed oil contains Vitamin A, which helps to delay the effects of skin aging, assists with cell regeneration, and promotes collagen and elastin levels to increase.  This results in firmer, smoother, and more youthful skin with greater elasticity.  I have noticed improvement with wrinkles, age spots, acne, and overall skin tone.

Anti Wrinkle Cream

2 tsp jojoba oil

1 tsp coconut oil

3 tsp apricot kernel oil

3 tsp Rosehip seed oil

1.5 tsp beeswax pastilles

6-10 tsp rose-water

Place beeswax, jojoba, coconut, rosehip and essential oils (basically everything besides the rose water!) in a double boiler or right in a stainless steel pan (keep your pans separate).  Heat on low very gently to melt wax about 5-8 minutes.

Stir well.

After you you remove the ingredients from the stove (I let mine cool for a few minutes because it can be really hot.)

Place in blender (be careful bc this can be very tough to clean out after).

Add in the rose water a little bit at a time (through the top of the blender).

Pulse the blender a few times and you will have a nice fluffy cream.  Remember the cleanup can be MESSY! Still worth it though.

My suggestion is to double or triple the batch (if you are doing the cream version)… place in refrigerator until ready to use.

Addition: If you have super oily skin, I would also double the rose water amount.  I have yet to try this (very soon and will update), but a reader suggested this and it makes perfect sense.  It will be lighter w/ more rose water.

If you are just looking for a Rosehip Serum, and do not have time to make the  cream…. I have found this organic one  and I LOVE it for when I am in a hurry and don’t have time to make a new batch for awhile:

You can find it HERE. Or at your local health food store.

GreenBootGirl

Another brand that is another great option: Organic Beauty Essence Restorative Serum

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.

By | 2017-10-10T13:56:03+00:00 April 20th, 2012|Beauty Products, Green Living, NonToxic Skincare, Recipes|190 Comments

About the Author:

I am a mother of 3. We eat nourishing and traditional food at home. We use natural healing successfully with essential oils, herbs, and homeopathy. We love being in the outdoors and living the "green" life.

190 Comments

1. Green Boot Kaley April 20, 2012 at 6:46 pm - Reply

I am only brave bc it is coming from you! I have total confidence in your recipes 🙂 I would normally not do it either. I love it on my forehead too~ another potential wrinkle area!

• arealfoodlover April 20, 2012 at 6:47 pm - Reply

Me too. That’s probably because we’re smiling so much right?

• Tonya Rousseau July 24, 2014 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Does anyone know a substitute for rose water for the home made anti-aging moisturizer. My husband is extremely allergic to roses, so I need an alternative liquid.

• Liz Queenlila July 25, 2014 at 4:27 pm - Reply

I’ve used plain old bottled water for creams before and they came out great, so I think you could use that instead.

• M February 11, 2015 at 10:30 am - Reply

Camomile tea is a good well-suiting replacement liquid to be used on skin,

• G. Priolo July 1, 2015 at 9:47 am - Reply

I’m always looking for a good wrinkle lotion, being in my 60’s and definitely noticing my skin losing it’s firmness. I don’t know anything about beeswax, but my initial thoughts are….”wouldn’t putting something on your skin that has “wax” in it clog the pores and what about absorbing it into the skin? Any thoughts?

2. Jennifer Belcher April 20, 2012 at 10:42 pm - Reply

Luv the idea. Not sure were to get rose water

• Green Boot Kaley April 20, 2012 at 11:06 pm - Reply

There are a few places you can get it online. My local health food store sells it. You can always improvise too! I added 1/2 filtered water bc I didn’t have enough. I might try a few other things next time.

3. Angela Goodson April 21, 2012 at 9:34 am - Reply

Thank goodness for good genes. At 37, I’m just starting to notice a few tiny wrinkles so I want to banish them to somewhere farther down the line. I’m anxious to try this because my skin is so sensitive, I’m allergic to almost everything on the market. I’ve tried almost every skin care line from cheap to exorbitantly priced. One well known, expensive department store brand cleanser (nothing fancy, just the cleanser) actually BURNED my face with its chemicals. Anyway, sorry for the epistle, just wanted to say thank goodness for smart ladies who know how to do this stuff and are willing to share it with the world. Thank goodness for Pinterest!! I’ll let you know how it goes with my hyper-sensitive skin!

• Green Boot Kaley April 21, 2012 at 9:59 am - Reply

Thanks for the comment. I really hope this cream works for your skin. I think it will. It is very gentle. I feel the same about finding products that I like and use. It is not easy. Sometimes just making it yourself puts all your worries to rest. Please us know how you do!

4. paula connelly April 30, 2012 at 1:13 pm - Reply

so excited to try this recipe thank you both !! I lack the carrot seed oil and as soon as i find it , i’ll be making a batch for myself. cant wait ! but how long before you see results?

• Green Boot Kaley April 30, 2012 at 2:39 pm - Reply

This is a newer recipe that has worked great so far. My skin was a little on the dry side from the winter, and now it is well moisturized. The rosehip seed oil is the anti- wrinkle ingredient and it helps keep wrinkles away. I have noticed improvement in that area, my mother has really noticed a difference too. It has just been a few weeks.

5. Green Boot Kaley May 3, 2012 at 10:16 pm - Reply

My mother has been using the cream for a week and she called me today to tell me that one of her moles on her face is shrinking. This is not a guarantee for everyone, but she is very excited!

6. Erin May 16, 2012 at 12:45 am - Reply

Amazing! I’m so excited to try this! I’ve just started oil cleansing and love that, and this goes right along with it! YAY!

7. Leaves Heal May 24, 2012 at 3:34 pm - Reply

Love playing w/ various oils & beeswax to make all of our skin stuff here– so much fun!
    I’m thinking that CLO you’re doing, and plenty of protein & organic fruts & veggies are your best anti-wrinkle weapons 😉 Go, you!

8. Cassandra Larsen June 17, 2012 at 6:05 pm - Reply

This face cream is AMAZING!!! I have tried really expensive brands of moisturizer and this is by far my favorite. My makeup goes on so smoothly almost like it is a primer. Gotta try it!

9. Anonymous June 29, 2012 at 11:14 am - Reply

Hey – thank you for this recipe. Do you know how long will this last befoe it goes bad? And do you keep it in the fridge?

• Green Boot Kaley June 29, 2012 at 4:46 pm - Reply

It should last as long as other creams… anywhere from a few months to longer if you keep it in the fridge. I love mine in the fridge- it is hot in Florida right now and the cream feels amazing when cool. Good luck 🙂

10. Nikki June 29, 2012 at 11:15 am - Reply

Hey – do you have an idea how long will thi slast before it goes bad. I want to know how big a batch should I make

• Green Boot Kaley June 29, 2012 at 4:45 pm - Reply

I have had mine for a few months and it is fine. Maybe about 6 months. It should last as long as other lotions do. You could always store it in the fridge if you want it to last even longer. It feels great when the cream is cold 🙂

• Nikki July 12, 2012 at 10:41 am - Reply

Thanks. Now only thing remaining to buy is the container 🙂

• Jess March 21, 2016 at 10:58 am - Reply

I’d definitely recommend keeping it in the fridge, any water will cause bacteria to grow and as there are no preservatives in yours (not a bad thing) as there are in normal lotions, it definitely won’t last as long.
        Sometimes bacteria is growing and we can’t see the change. I would only make enough for 3 months.

11. Maria July 6, 2012 at 10:58 am - Reply

Hello, I am 47 years and I really want to try the moist. I have oily skin…Do you konw if the moist will make my face more oily? Thanks

• Green Boot Kaley July 8, 2012 at 11:51 am - Reply

You would just use less lotion, a very small amount and you should be fine. Let me know if it works out ok.

• Maria July 8, 2012 at 11:10 pm - Reply

Thanks! Sure thing, as soon as I receive all my ingredients. Can wait!

• Leah January 13, 2014 at 6:39 pm - Reply

I didn’t see carrot seed oil on anti wrinkle cream recipe? If u use, how much? Excited to try. I made a single batch tonight with mixer and tried to add more rose water. The extra rosé water would not blend in.

• Sandra June 22, 2015 at 10:03 am - Reply

Anyone know how much carrot seed oil to use in anti-aging lotion?

• Star Light November 26, 2012 at 10:18 am - Reply

Hi, Darling! For oily faces, this recipee should look more like a lotion, which is very simple: Just add more rosewater 🙂 You could up to double both the rosewater and the essential oil and still have a very good product…probably superior.

• Green Boot Kaley November 26, 2012 at 10:42 am - Reply

Thanks so much for the tip! I totally agree. I will make another batch w/ more rose water and post about it.

12. Maria July 14, 2012 at 4:31 pm - Reply

Okay, I received all my items and made the cream I have been enjoyed it for two days now.
    But only one thing; my rose water did not incorporate with the other oils that well. The rose water is just flooding around the cream. I followed the directions; the only thing I did not use was the blender. can I re-melt the cream to blend it better?

• Green Boot Kaley July 14, 2012 at 5:25 pm - Reply

I am sorry you had this problem. I tried the cream w/o the blender and it did the same thing. For the cream, you must use the blender- in my opinion, or you can leave it more like the original picture. I am pretty sure you have to start over, because the rose water should be added after the melting. You could always try it and let me know. I have not tried remelting it. HTH!!!

• Maria July 14, 2012 at 8:19 pm - Reply

Thanks! What kind of blender are you using a small one? I will go ahead and use up the cream before I make a new patched. I am enjoying it as is. Thanks again.

• Anonymous September 10, 2012 at 10:07 pm - Reply

I have tried to make cream but the bee wax did not melt properly please help me.Thanks

• Green Boot Kaley September 11, 2012 at 10:27 am - Reply

I like to melt mine in a mason jar that is placed in a pot of hot water. For me, I have to make sure I don’t under or over heat the wax. It does take some time, but be patient- it will eventually melt. Maybe you need to turn the heat up a little. This method is similar to heating up a glass baby bottle on the stove. Keep it going.

13. Laird's mama July 17, 2012 at 2:03 am - Reply

What does the carrot seed oil do?

• Green Boot Kaley July 21, 2012 at 11:35 am - Reply

It helps you retain your youth and look refreshingly young. Actually anti oxidants in it repair all the damages done to your tissues by the oxidants (free radicals) and stop them from doing further harm. These anti oxidants do not let your skin go wrinkled. Anti oxidants can protect you and other problems related to aging. Externally applied, Carrot Seed Oil can cure infections on skin and in wounds and even protect from new infections.

• Anonymous January 27, 2013 at 1:46 pm - Reply

Can I skip the beeswax and just mix everything together without heating?

14. Angela Goodson August 1, 2012 at 3:43 pm - Reply

So I made this about two months ago. I also tripled the recipe because you have a trustworthy face and I just knew I’d love it. 😉 A couple of things: 1) for the lady with oily skin, I also have oily skin…use sparingly!! A little goes a long way, but it is still great for your skin. I tend to rub more thoroughly in my ‘trouble spots’ like my eye crinkles and the small crinkle that is starting where I furrow my brow. 2) To hold the cream, I used a 1/2 pint (I think that’s what they’re called) Mason jar. I did not put it in the blender, because I had already sacrificed the pan to the bee pastilles. It’s a little grainy and I had to beat the devil out of it by hand to get the rose water to mix it, but I don’t see that it lost any usefulness by not using the blender. I love this stuff!

• Green Boot Kaley August 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm - Reply

Awesome! so happy u like it. I need to make a new batch- all of my friends have cleaned me out 🙂

15. manda September 11, 2012 at 10:39 pm - Reply

I made it today, it smells great and my skin was a little oily but after about 10 minutes it completely worked itself in and no oily feel at all! In fact it’s a little less oily than normal (which is nice). This stuff is great. I just used a whisk while I poured in the rose water oil and it fluffed up really nicely. Great recipe and waaaay better than using any other product I’ve tried.

16. Anonymous September 19, 2012 at 11:47 am - Reply

My solids and oils are separating as they are cooling in the fridge. Any suggestions?

• Green Boot Kaley September 19, 2012 at 4:14 pm - Reply

DId you mix them really well in a blender? THis happened to me one time when I tried to skip the blender phase. I just poured the extra liquid out, but the texture was not my favorite. also, there could be a change you added too much water/ liquid~ another thing I did once. HTH!

• Joni September 20, 2012 at 8:42 pm - Reply

Would a hand mixer work okay do you think? Or, does the blender work best?

• Green Boot Kaley September 20, 2012 at 9:33 pm - Reply

A hand mixer should work ok. There may be a little more mess (trying to control the spraying), but if you really mix all the oil and beeswax and water you should end up w/ a smooth texture at the end. Let me know how it turns out!

• Joni October 6, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Another quick question. You say to add the carrot-seed essential oil and the rose water after you remove it from the heat. But, if you are making the creamy it doesn’t state when to add the carrot-seed oil. So, do you add it with the rose water after removing from the heat or with the other oils before removing from the heat? Thanks!

• Green Boot Kaley October 6, 2012 at 1:49 pm

thanks for catching that. Yes add the carrot seed oil and the rosewater after the heating process. Pour them into the blender slowly while you are pulsing it.

• Anonymous September 27, 2012 at 9:05 am - Reply

Thanks for sharing your recipe. It looks fantastic.:) I made this cream for me and my family last night.I followed your direction.stir and mix very well,all oils and beewax mix and it was look like oil.when I keept in the fridge.It was little warm,This morning.I was eager to apply this cream ;but my cream turned in to hard bee wax:( Please help me what happen to my cream?why it look like a beewax not cream? Please reaply me.I really appriciate your advice

• Green Boot Kaley September 27, 2012 at 9:52 am - Reply

You really have to blend the oils and beeswax fast (w/ blender) for them to really turn into a cream. That is why it probably looks more like the beeswax solid version. You have to whip it like eggs~ to turn it into whipped face cream. I hope that helps!

• Anonymous September 27, 2012 at 1:54 pm - Reply

I appreciate your prompt reply!!!!. The hard rock cream is in samll glass jar so can I remelt again ?. You think It’s Safe to remilt again? or Just throw It? Make it again, My wedding in December so I need to start apply cream as soon as possible 🙂 Eagerly waiting for your reply!!.Thanks my dear friend!!.

• Green Boot Kaley September 28, 2012 at 12:07 am - Reply

You could always try, but I think the water needs to be added separate after the heating process. I wish I could be of more help! I have not tried to reheat it yet. It is safe, but I am not sure what the outcome will be. Please let me know how it turns out~ good luck and congrats on the upcoming wedding 🙂

17. regina October 4, 2012 at 11:24 pm - Reply

where do u find all of these oils

18. Nikki October 26, 2012 at 11:08 am - Reply

What kind of rose water did you use? There’s all sorts of kinds on Amazon

• Green Boot Kaley October 28, 2012 at 5:09 pm - Reply

I use the kind of the health food store. It is called Heritage Store Rose Petal, Rose Water. It is a pink plastic bottle.

• Caroline Brockett Mendoza November 23, 2012 at 8:46 pm - Reply

you can make your own rose water ……
      you can use rose petals (i buy mine at health food store ) …if you have your own rose bushes use them …
      boil 2cups water put rose petals in let steep for an hour ,strain and put in jar .
      refrigrate … 2cups rose petals .

• Green Boot Kaley November 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm - Reply

Thanks Caroline for the comment. I have been meaning to do a post on this! My mother has tons of rose bushes and I have used her roses to make my own! Thanks fro the reminder 🙂

• Star Light November 26, 2012 at 10:11 am - Reply

🙂 Yes!! I make my own rosewater. 10 years now. Roses are so precious and giving, treat them with care. Only collect rose petals that are about to fall, and don’t boil them. Would you boil your skin? You will find that a large rose garden can produce nearly 100 gallons of rosewater WITHOUT losing one day of glorious healthy prime of their life roses to enjoy through their entire lifespan. Only collect roses that you know have not been sprayed with chemicals and, for goodness sakes, preferably not with Miricale Grow etc. For best results: give them gratitude and thanks as you collect them under the moon. Then, put them in vessel (about 1/3 full) and pour on top of them spring or RO water (people put down spring because of excess pathogens, i praise it because of excess minerals/nature). Let it set outside for about 5 days or a week. Strain. Strain again. Strain even finer (it will last longer if no particles are available for mold).

19. Anne November 26, 2012 at 12:25 pm - Reply

Hi,
    I can’t wait to make this cream! Thank you so much for sharing it!
    Can I make the cream with just Apricot Kernel oil? I’m afraid of breaking out with jojoba and coconut oil?
    Thanks again,
    Anne

• Green Boot Kaley November 26, 2012 at 5:33 pm - Reply

I am pretty sure that would work. Is that the only oil that your skin can tolerate? Coconut oil is pretty safe, but if you feel better about just using the apricot kernel oil then I would just substitute it. Good luck!

20. Andrea November 30, 2012 at 7:24 am - Reply

Hi Kaley,

I made this cream already and I really do like it, but I am wondering if I could use emulsifying wax with better results. I have used emulsifying wax in other hand lotions that I have made, so it would make sense that it would assist with the oil and water blending better, but I’m not sure if I could/should use it on my face. What do you think? Any experience with this?

21. Kate. November 30, 2012 at 12:22 pm - Reply

This looks like a fabulous recipe and I can’t wait to make some! In reading some of the comments, I’d like to offer some tips that will, hopefully, be fruitful.

A few notes about making creams: 1) Your liquid to solid content should be 50/50 to create a good cream/lotion consistency, and 2) For the liquids and solids to combine nicely you want them to be the same temperature. This is key and probably the reason some of you are having troubles with separation, so gently heat the liquids in a separate saucepan while the solids are melting. I would try to re-incorporate the separate items by heating to equal temperatures and mixing again. It’d be a shame to lose the products you invested in. Good luck!

22. Layla December 1, 2012 at 12:12 pm - Reply

Hi. I can’t stand how the carrot seed oil smells. Would this eye cream be significantly less effective without it?

23. Dana Russell December 30, 2012 at 9:10 pm - Reply

How much in ounces is the beeswax? I have some blocks of beeswax I need to use up and really don’t want to buy more.

24. Tjc1303 January 6, 2013 at 5:14 pm - Reply

How long does this recipe last before it expires?

• Green Boot Kaley January 8, 2013 at 8:47 pm - Reply

If it is in a cool dry place a little longer. I leave mine in the fridge and it is fine for a few months. I use it a little faster though.

25. Anonymous January 7, 2013 at 1:49 pm - Reply

Hi I made the cream this morning. Mine turned out bright orange because of the carrot oil. Being a redhead, I want to know if I will end up looking like a pumpkin head with use?

• Green Boot Kaley January 8, 2013 at 8:46 pm - Reply

I am wondering if you used Carrot seed oil? Is that what your bottle says? Let me know?!?!?