Homemade Anti Wrinkle Cream

Homemade Anti Wrinkle Cream

antiwrinklecream

Looking for a homemade anti wrinkle cream?  This homemade anti wrinkle cream is easy to make and inexpensive.  Now that I am in my 30’s I am thinking about wrinkles.  I don’t have that many, but they emerge from time to time, especially around my eyes.  I know I need to nourish my skin more.  What to buy?  Lately I have no clue, even organic skincare can have ingredients that are sketchy and hard to pronounce (bad sign).  My search began for a homemade anti wrinkle cream.  I started researching and experimenting.  The first thing I had to order was beeswax, everything else I could buy at my local health food store.  And then, finally….

My beeswax arrived! I have been waiting for 2 weeks for this important part of the recipe.

The secret ingredient in this homemade anti wrinkle cream? Rosehip seed oil.

Rosehip seed oil is the best oil available for anti-aging and cellular regeneration.

Essential fatty acids in rosehip seed oil give it moisturising properties and the antioxidants and beta-carotene may help to prevent signs of ageing. It may also promote wound healing by stimulating tissue regeneration. The vitamin A is said to help combat wrinkles, sun damage and uneven skin tone.

“Through testing, rosehip seed oil has been shown to regenerate the skin, reduce scars and wrinkles, prevent the advancement of wrinkles and aging, and help skin to regain its natural color and tone.  Rosehip seed oil contains Vitamin A, which helps to delay the effects of skin aging, assists with cell regeneration, and promotes collagen and elastin levels to increase.  This results in firmer, smoother, and more youthful skin with greater elasticity.  I have noticed improvement with wrinkles, age spots, acne, and overall skin tone.

Anti Wrinkle Cream

2 tsp jojoba oil

1 tsp coconut oil

3 tsp apricot kernel oil

3 tsp Rosehip seed oil

1.5 tsp beeswax pastilles

6-10 tsp rose-water

Place beeswax, jojoba, coconut, rosehip and essential oils (basically everything besides the rose water!) in a double boiler or right in a stainless steel pan (keep your pans separate).  Heat on low very gently to melt wax about 5-8 minutes.

Stir well.

After you you remove the ingredients from the stove (I let mine cool for a few minutes because it can be really hot.)

Place in blender (be careful bc this can be very tough to clean out after).

Add in the rose water a little bit at a time (through the top of the blender).

Pulse the blender a few times and you will have a nice fluffy cream.  Remember the cleanup can be MESSY! Still worth it though.

My suggestion is to double or triple the batch (if you are doing the cream version)… place in refrigerator until ready to use.

Addition: If you have super oily skin, I would also double the rose water amount.  I have yet to try this (very soon and will update), but a reader suggested this and it makes perfect sense.  It will be lighter w/ more rose water.

If you are just looking for a Rosehip Serum, and do not have time to make the  cream…. I have found this organic one  and I LOVE it for when I am in a hurry and don’t have time to make a new batch for awhile:

You can find it HERE. Or at your local health food store.

GreenBootGirl

Another brand that is another great option: Organic Beauty Essence Restorative Serum

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.

By | 2017-10-10T13:56:03+00:00 April 20th, 2012|Beauty Products, Green Living, NonToxic Skincare, Recipes|190 Comments

About the Author:

I am a mother of 3. We eat nourishing and traditional food at home. We use natural healing successfully with essential oils, herbs, and homeopathy. We love being in the outdoors and living the "green" life.

190 Comments

1. Anna May 23, 2013 at 12:26 pm - Reply

I did end up making the face lotion and my mom loves it and I’m excited to give it to Jessica, the lady that requested it. I used the following recipe, influenced by your original 😀

Oil Phase:
    3 tsp rosehip seed oil
    3 tsp tamanu oil
    2 tsp jojoba oil
    3/4 tsp beeswax
    3/4 tsp vegetable based emulsifying wax
    1/2 tsp wheatgerm oil
    1/2 tsp evening primrose oil

Phase II:
    5 tsp matcha green tea (I suppose you could use normal green tea as well)
    1.5 tsp witch hazel
    1.5 tsp aloe vera
    5-8 drops of lavender EO
    3-5 drops of peppermint EO

I only melted the beeswax/emulsifying wax and jojoba together afraid of compromising the oils benefits by heat exposure. After I let the wax/jojoba mixture cool in the freezer until semi solid, I whisked in the rest of the oils, then put into a blender and slowly drizzled in the Phase II ingredients at the highest speed. I did have to double the batch in order for my blender to successfully emulsify, but it has turned out fantastic. It also doubles as a scar reducing cream. It is slightly yellow in color, but smells very natural and scrumptious. If I do decide to offer it to the public, I might have to include a small pinch of non-nano zinc oxide to whiten and add a small amount of UV protection.
    Thank you so much for the recipe! I spent several hours going from site to site in order to find the perfectly ratio-ed formula and yours was…well….perfect.

• Green Boot Kaley May 23, 2013 at 2:34 pm - Reply

Sounds amazing! Love your ingredient selection. Thanks for the feedback and good luck to you!

• Mary Rice-Johnston May 31, 2013 at 4:03 pm - Reply

Hi Ann,

If you are going to offer this to the public would you need a preservative.

Just a thought

Mary

• lynette January 26, 2014 at 6:26 pm - Reply

I have made one similar to yours. However, I did not use the wax. It is a oil cleanser meaning all the waters stay on the bottom and the oils on top to protect from going rancid.

Thanks
      lynette

2. facial treatment May 24, 2013 at 10:15 am - Reply

This site really has all the information I wanted concerning this subject
    and didn’t know who to ask.

3. Robyn June 1, 2013 at 8:18 pm - Reply

I was wondering about the carrot seed oil, I see some comments about it but don’t see it as an ingredient in this recipe, how much do you add? Thanks!!

4. Robyn June 1, 2013 at 8:20 pm - Reply

I see some comments about the carrot seed oil, but don’t see it listed as an ingredient in the recipe. How much do you add and does it go in with the other oil being heated? Thanks

• Green Boot Kaley June 2, 2013 at 6:41 pm - Reply

I keep it as an option! It is also a great addition for wrinkles. If you have it on hand add 4-8 drops. You can add it in after the oils are heated before you add the rose water. hope that helps!

5. Lady Mina Miakida June 1, 2013 at 11:07 pm - Reply

Hello, nice recipe. Rosehip oil is fantastic for healing scars and for dry aging skin. I also like to infuse my own carrot oil and add it to any facial mixture I make. It has helped me tremendously after an illness I have, has damage my skin and added 20 years in one day, (Massive Heart Attack). Infusing the oil is not difficult, just make sure you use organic carrots (do not peel them) cut them in slices and make sure you dehydrate them first, carrot contain over 92% water and water and oil don’t mix. Put the dry carrot in a jar, cover with what ever oil you will use for your cream and using a double boiler allow it to simmer on the lowest setting for about 6 hrs. Make sure you don’t run out of water on the double boiler. Let me know if you make this. 🙂 BB

6. Marissa June 2, 2013 at 7:05 pm - Reply

Hello, I have tried the cream version of the recipe two times now and the water separates from the mixture almost immediately. Do you find this to happen often? I’m thinking I might just eliminate the rosewater completely from my recipe… I really love the way the cream feels. I have been using it as my daily facial moisturizer and my 5 yo daughter loves to rub it all over her body! 🙂 thank you!!

• Green Boot Kaley June 2, 2013 at 7:08 pm - Reply

That is fine to leave the rose water out all together. Another suggestion is too add less rose water or make sure you really blend it (fast blender) as you add it little by little. If you hand blend it it won’t work. Not sure if that helps any! Let me know

7. […] making my homemade facial cream,  I have really wanted to try my own sunscreen formula.  Many of the ingredients are the same […]

8. […] About Best Antiwrinkle Eye Cream: Anti Wrinkle Cream Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream Best Anti Wrinkle […]

9. JB August 5, 2013 at 4:20 pm - Reply

So nice that you have the links to the ingredients at the bottom. What a time saver-thanks.

10. Natasha Kouri August 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm - Reply

I was wondering??? Your recipe keeps changing a bit, didn’t you have one with geranium oil?!?! Is it not good for your skin after all??? Just wondering 🙂 thank you 🙂

• greenbootgirl August 11, 2013 at 9:14 pm - Reply

I have included it before, so yes! I am in the process of making a new version with more geranium…. but you can substitute any anti-aging essential oils that you like! There are many choices. My favorites are rose hip and geranium…

11. […] About Best Antiwrinkle Eye Cream: Anti Wrinkle Cream Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream Best Anti Wrinkle […]

12. Homemade Anti Wrinkle Cream That Works September 11, 2013 at 4:45 am - Reply

[…] Homemade Anti Wrinkle Cream That Work […]

13. Becki November 20, 2013 at 5:06 pm - Reply

Hi there, I made a batch in January of this year and I’m almost out now, I used it every morning since January. I have very dry skin and it worked so great!!!! I stored mine in the fridge for a few days and the last 10 months in the cupboard and it stayed wonderful! Love love love it!!!! I brag about my chemical free face cream whenever I get the chance! Thanks!

• greenbootgirl November 20, 2013 at 11:00 pm - Reply

That is awesome! I love the feeling of making my own formulas! Thanks for sharing!

14. Becki November 20, 2013 at 5:13 pm - Reply

Wondering, when I made it last time I have written down 5 drops of carrot seed oil, do I not need this anymore? I don’t see it on the recipe. Thanks

• greenbootgirl November 20, 2013 at 11:00 pm - Reply

You can still add the carrot seed. I have changed it over time, but either way is fine. There is much flexibility when making homemade lotions! Good luck 🙂

15. PENNY January 5, 2014 at 1:24 pm - Reply

hi sweetheart, i wrote down the recipe and at the end of January i will buy all the ingredients, im so excited…Im 50 years old!!! ugh. I hate even being that age, lol.I was in a very bad car accident when i was 20 yrs old, i flew out the passenger window and i have over 100 stitches all over my head and some of the scars are on my forehead and one by my left eye. I know this cream wont be a miricle and im not expecting it to be. I hope it will help my wrinkles and maybe the scar by the eye. And also at age of 14, i had the joy of acne!!!lol…I hope it will help with acne scars….Thankyou so much Kaley, ill get back to you in a couple of months..PEACE<LOVE&LIGHT…hugzzs from PENNY.

16. cindy January 5, 2014 at 2:36 pm - Reply

I was wondering if I can substitute avocado oil or sunflower oil for the apricot kernel oil since I currently do not have any.

17. Ruchi January 9, 2014 at 4:46 pm - Reply

Hello!! I am 29 and a half years old. Can you please tell me when to start using anti-wrinkle cream?

18. Sweety January 9, 2014 at 4:51 pm - Reply

Hello..!! The above recipe sounds interesting.I am gonna make it for my Mom.
    I would need your help in clarifying my doubt. I am about to reach 30 in March this year. I am confused as to what is the right age to start using anti-wrinkle creams. Thanks!

19. Mari February 2, 2014 at 7:42 am - Reply

Is this cream a body or face cream? I am looking for a facial cream. Thank you!

20. chimin February 7, 2014 at 4:26 am - Reply

Hi! First of all I want to thank you for the recipe, it’s divine! I’ve tried to do the cream three times now, and for the first two times the ingredients separated. After that I bought a new faster hand mixer and the cream turned out great!
    I was just wondering if I can substitute beeswax pastilles with shea butter? Do you think the consistency will be allright? Thank you for your reply!

21. Donna April 21, 2014 at 9:50 pm - Reply

My husband accidentally picked up Now rosewater concentrate instead of rose water. Do you know if I can use this in the same proportion as the rose water or do I need to dilute it?

• greenbootgirl April 23, 2014 at 9:45 am - Reply

I have never used rose water concentrate. I am guessing it would need to be diluted a little. I would google it and see if anyone has any experience with this. Good Luck!!

22. zsdgfhgnj May 18, 2014 at 7:40 am - Reply

Rose Water from Bulgaria is 100% organic and the Best! 🙂

• Cathy June 6, 2016 at 12:12 am - Reply

Yes Bulgarian Rosewater IS AWESOMEEEEEE I use it to spritz my face and neck and you can use in body creams also and even soaps. I’m sure I got mine from the same place you did. ENJOY

23. Kate June 7, 2014 at 3:44 am - Reply

Hi,
    Can I use a hand mixer? With that small amount of cream that I’m making, it will most likely be caught in my vitamix. Any advice?

24. Martha July 25, 2014 at 8:30 am - Reply

Can I add aloe vera gel to this recipe?
    Thank you.

25. […] 6. Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream with Rosehip Seed Oil from Green Boot Living […]