I am feeding the boys only REAL FOOD this week. Since my 4 year old has been asking me to make Banana Blueberry Bread for 2 weeks I finally said OK. This is a great healthy (unprocessed) snack. I love trying new banana bread recipes. There are so many great choices online. Here is another one that turned out perfect! And by the way- the blueberries are optional… after I made the banana bread my 4 year old changed his mind about wanting the blueberries in the bread! Go figure. So I did a lot of poking. I think I will do mini chocolate chips next time.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3 small bananas, mashed
1/3 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup dried or pureed blueberries (you can also sub chopped walnuts, dried cherries, mini chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer. Cream together for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time. Then the bananas, milk and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to banana mixture. Slowly add the blueberries and mix until just combined
6. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
7. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
8. Cool and serve.
Recipe resource from here.
We like ours with lots of butter~
GreenBootGirlMEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.