I love this time of year. I love baking with pumpkin. My boys love pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, and of course chocolate chip pumpkin muffins! This is a good thing. We have come up with our own version of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin purée (used organic canned pumpkin)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
3. Mix the pumpkin, oil, eggs, milk, and spices.
4. Combine with the dry ingredients, but do not over mix.
5. Add chocolate chips slowly.
6. Pour mixture into greased muffin pan (I use butter or coconut oil) or pan with liners.
7. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
This recipe makes about 20- 24 muffins.
GreenBootLivingMEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.