We have a new puppy named Sparky. He is a mini schnauzer and absolutely adorable (to us)! I will be posting more about natural pet care and the holistic options available to all pets. Here is my Herbal Wormer Formula from Molly’s Herbals
The original two part system, works holistically in multiple ways.
- By expelling live worms: the worms hate being around the herb so much they would rather leave the host than be around the herb. Because of this, you may see worms in the animal’s poops after they have been wormed.
- By killing and expelling the parasites.
- By helping the animal build a stronger immune system so they can more easily fight an infestation.
- Working +85 as a preventive: By helping the animal build a stronger immune system so that they can resist the parasite and thus not become infected in the first place. Healthy animals are much less likely to get infected than unhealthy ones.
- There has been no evidence to show that worms build up resistance to this herbal system like they can do with Chemical and Drug wormers.
- Molly’s Herbals Worm Formula is a two part system and, when used as recommended, is safe to administer to pregnant and lactating animals.
The General Recommendations are as follows:
- Formula #1 Wormwood Combination: Administer once a day for 3 days in a row. Repeat every 6-8 weeks. Use in conjunction with Formula #2. (Formula #2 being given once a week the other 7 weeks)
- Formula #2 Weekly Worm Formula & Tonic: Administer once per week on the weeks you do not give the Wormwood Combination. Intended to be used in conjunction with Formula #1.
- NOTE: During the time an animal is pregnant, Formula 2# is substituted for Formula 1# . The day after the animal gives birth, Formula 1# is then administered for three days in a row no matter where in the cycle they currently are.
- When worming Kids: I administer the three day dose starting at 3 weeks of age and repeating every 3-4 weeks until the kids are 6 months of age, then I then begin them on the 8 week cycle. If you see any diarrhea, immediately administer Formula 1# three days in a row. I have found this also helps prevent coccidiosis.
For my new puppy I administer the formula in the Peanut Butter Dosage Balls.
Herbal Dosage Balls For Dogs:
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) powdered or finely crushed herb
- 1-2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
You mix and kneed into a dough.
Break into 12 even pieces and shape into balls. I had to split these balls in 1/2 when feeding them to my little puppy. He is a small size.
Each ball equals a 1 tsp. dose.
Offer an herbal dosage ball to the dog first. If he doesn’t eat it right away, shove it in his mouth. Often, the dog realizes the balls taste good and want more. If he spits it out just push it further back in mouth next time.
My note: Make sure you feed your pet these outside. Sparky went poop 2 times about 2 minutes after feeding them to him. I was not prepared for that one!
Our little Sparky is on this protocol. He loves the peanut butter flavor. He eats them right up. He is doing really well. More to come on my natural pet care series.
GreenBootGirlMEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.