Food Poisoning is awful and it usually hits FAST (within 48 hours). I’ve had severe food poisoning a few times (mainly during college) that left me weak and fatigued for weeks. The main danger of food poisoning is dehydration…. t
Dehydration Blend (do not skip the sugar!)
Bottled water 1 quart
Sugar/ Honey 6 teaspoons
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon Essential Oil 6 drops
Drink one glass at a time. Drink lots of fluids. Whatever you can get down.
Essential Oils for Food Poisoning
Geranium 4 drops
Lavender 4 drops
Dilute in one Tablespoon of Coconut Oil/ Olive Oil. Massage the whole body.
Essential Oil Bath Blend
Ginger 3 drops
Geranium 3 drops
Take baths with Ginger and Geranium Essential Oils to help with circulatory shock from vomiting and diarrhea.
Homeopathic Remedies for Food Poisoning
1. Arsenicum album: Nausea and vomiting after eating and drinking. Severe abdominal cramping. Tremendous anxiety. Restlessness. Burning Pains. Chilly and thirsty for sips of warm water. Needy and Demanding.
2. Nux Vomica: Heartburn, nausea, burping, unproductive vomiting. Sick after eating too much food or drinking too much alcohol. Irritable. Impatient. Very Chilly.
3. Podophyllum: Abdominal cramping with explosive diarrhea and exhaustion. Yellowish/ Greenish diarrhea. Forces you out of bed 5 am. Pain in the liver. Feels like he is going to die or stay very ill. Restless and whining.
4. Pulsatilla: Feeling heaviness in the abdomen. Not thirst at all. Symptoms are changeable. Indigestion from eating rich foods, ice cream, fatty foods, or pork. Cried easily. Wants to be comforted. Vomits food he ate a long time ago. Bloating/ gas of the abdomen.
5. Urtica Urens: Food poisoning or allergic reaction from shellfish. Intense itching, stinging, burning hives. Hives are worse from warmth. Itching skin. Better when lying down.
6. Veratrum album: Violent abdominal cramping with vomiting and diarrhea. Icy cold with cold sweat. Restless. Diarrhea very forceful followed by exhaustion. Diarrhea profuse, painful, watery.
7. Ipecac: Vomiting and nausea with nearly all complaints. Hard to please. Unsure of what he wants. Extreme vomiting. Constant nausea NOT relieved by vomiting. Nausea at the smell of food.
Arsenicum album is the most common homeopathic remedy used for food poisoning. If you have to pick one homeopathic remedy to buy for your first aid kit…. Arsenicum album is the one to pick. I have used this remedy many times in my family. Ipecac and Nux Vomica are the next 2 most commonly used remedies for nausea and vomiting. We have these on hand and use them frequently for nausea and vomiting related to all viruses and flu bugs. Hope you enjoyed a few tips for helping you recover from your next case of food poisoning!
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.