It’s getting cooler and cooler as winter approaches the Wasatch Front. We use honey year round as a sweetener in baking and real food recipes. Honey is also used for healing naturally. What are the health benefits of raw honey? There are many!
The Key Nutrients of Honey
Honey is loaded with many essential vitamins and minerals. Vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 as well as vitamin C are found in honey. It also contains minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium chlorine, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, sulphur, zinc and phosphate.
Health Benefits of Honey
1. Honey is a great aid in relieving morning sickness
2. Honey is good for sore throats and laryngitis
3. Raw honey can help with fertility.
4. A homemade ointment made of honey can be applied to eczema, diaper rash, canker sores or bleeding gums.
5. Honey acts as a sedative and is very useful in calming the nervous system.
6. Can help treat minor acne.
7. Honey can help allergies by promoting a strong immune system.
8. Honey helps with digestion (improves it because of enzymes).
9. It can restore damaged skin.
10. Honey gives the body energy in forms of carbohydrates.
11. Honey can calm nerves.
12. Helps regulate blood sugar.
Other articles on health benefits of Honey:
Remember do not give raw honey to a baby under the age of 1. It is not recommended.
GreenBootGirlMEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.