What are the top 10 probiotic foods? I am going to list a few of our family favorites. We love probiotic foods. We include probiotic foods in our diet daily. It is so important for immune support and digestive health especially in growing children.
1. Raw Kefir– A probiotic fermented milk drink made by kefir grains. This beverage has helped many heal from severe digestive and gut damage.
2. Raw Cheese– A source of probiotics and nutrients. Packed with calcium and fat-soluble vitamins, raw cheese is an awesome probiotic rich food.
3. Raw Milk– packed with healthy vitamins and minerals especially magnesium, calcium, and potassium.
4. Cultured Veggies– such as kimchi, organic soy sauce, and properly prepared sauerkraut.
5. Kvass– A Russian staple of refreshment for centuries, has a malty taste with a sweet finish and light sparkle. This probiotic beverage of the first rank is slowly finding its way into health food stores across America. Nourishing Traditions Cookbook has a great recipe for Kvass.
6. Raw Yogurt– Fermented with live active cultures (not too high of heat- homemade is best)
7. Probiotic Salsa– similar to regular salsa.
8. Kombucha– Also from Russia, more widely known. Fizzy fermented beverage is made from black or green tea and a fungus culture. Great options in grocery stores now.
9. Homemade Sports Drink– cultured whey mixed with organic grape juice
10. Natto– A fermented soy bean paste with an unappetizing smell, is full of Bacilus subtilis spores as well as other wonderful probiotic nutrients.
My goal is to eat a Top 10 probiotic foods with each meal. There are amazing sources of healthy probiotics in many foods. Go give them a try if you haven’t already.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your doctor or health care practitioner before using herbs, homeopathy, essential oils or other natural remedies. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.